Following the success of our international offices in Monaco and Dubai’s DIFC, the Enness team seized the opportunity to further expand our offering by selecting Jersey as the site of our fourth international office.
Jersey is fast becoming a core market for Enness and growth on the island is central to long term expansion plans. The region’s reputation, talent pool, and infrastructure are world-renowned and our services will complement the island’s leading financial services sector.
The company was formed for the following reasons:
- To be the home to Enness’s international development using Jersey’s world-leading financial services infrastructure and reach;
- To create a much-needed contingency plan in the light of past and present threats to our market place such as Brexit;
- To provide expert, international and full-service mortgage solutions to the fantastic private client and professional advisers on the island;
- And, to bring new solutions, providers and even clients into the jurisdiction.
We fully hope and expect our solutions and services to become a valued part of the private client community in Jersey. Access to finance is becoming increasingly vital whilst the lending market is simultaneously becoming increasingly fragmented, regulated and difficult to manage.
What services does Enness Jersey offer?
Enness Jersey is licenced to offer loan broking services internationally and refers regulated mortgage requirements to our FCA regulated mortgage brokerage in London.
We offer the following services:
- Regulated residential mortgages (via Enness Limited in London)
- Mortgages to purchase, refinance and release equity from any class of real estate
- Unregulated, commercial, bridging and commercial finance
- Mortgages without assets under management (AUM)
- Mortgages in any currency
- Sharia-compliant finance
- Yachts, planes, art and other asset finance classes
Technically, we can offer mortgages anywhere in the world, with particular focuses in:
- London and the United Kingdom
- The South of France and Paris
- Marbella and the Balearic Island
- New York and other high-value United States cities
We are not in Jersey with the intention of offering local mortgages as we feel that the local mortgage community is excellent and well covered. However, there will be certain circumstances where we would be able to offer interesting alternative approved, especially for high value and cross-border requirements.
Meet the Enness Jersey team
Islay Robinson – Group CEO of Enness Limited
Islay, co-founder and CEO of Enness, is widely regarded as one of the UK’s leading mortgage brokers. He has been instrumental in delivering some of the most complex and high-value mortgages in the UK having been recognised in The Spear’s Top 500 Guide to best private client advisers in the country.
Jack Goguelin – Principle Representative, Jersey
Prior to joining Enness, Jack worked in the real estate division at Sanne, a leading global provider of alternative asset and corporate business services. Before joining the world of corporate real estate, Jack spent almost 10 years working at an independent trust company based in Jersey.
How does the process work?
Our approach is very simple:
- Call, email or drop in to see us at our Jersey office in IFC5
- Explain what you are looking to achieve, or the problem you have
- We will work through our 300 strong lender network to create some ideas and discuss potential solutions
- We will then work collaboratively to secure the correct solution for you or your client.
We don’t necessarily need to speak to the client, our fees are payable based on future success and we will not ask for paperwork until we need it (which is usually when we start formal applications with lenders). What’s more, we are perfectly happy to be used as a sounding board, to find in principle ideas or solutions or even just to sit on file to satisfy compliance!
As for the future, we expect Jersey to become a significant part of our global plans and for us to become a trusted and reliable business partner and contributor in the region.