Arranging property finance for those who reside in areas with a tumultuous political climate can be a significant challenge unless you have a solid network of contacts in the banking and finance world. Enness Global Mortgages has a long and successful history of assisting CIS nationals and residents access mortgage finance internationally. To further develop this position we have created an expert CIS Desk to provide the very best service for our clients from the region.
Headed by Yana Kovalskaya from our London office, our dedicated property finance service provides a centralised and first point of contact for our most valuable clients in the CIS region. Yana will also be working closely with our trusted network of CIS partners and introducers, alongside developing our position in London and international key markets.
CIS Mortgage Case Studies
Are you a foreign national or resident in a CIS country looking for property finance? Take a look at the following case study to see how we have helped our clients from the region to overcome obstacles to their situation and realise their financing aspirations.
- Russian national client who had recently become a UK citizen
- HNWI who ran a highly successful trading desk
- Owned £11million property in London which was the security for a £3.4m bridging loan
- Wanted to sell the property and repay the bridging finance
Issues To Address
- Income was significant yet inconsistent – hard to demonstrate affordability
- Client’s company structure was highly complicated
- Reluctance of lenders to work with ‘high-risk nationalities’
- Requirements from lenders for AUM (Assets Under Management)
- Rather than sell, refinance the bridging loan onto a buy-to-let facility
- Rental income would be sufficient to cover any interest payments
- Income enough to increase mortgage further, releasing equity for other ventures
- £5 million refinance 3.59% per annum
- No early repayment penalties
- Client free to repay the capital released if not required or sell the property should the market move in his favour
If you would like to see more examples of how we can arrange finance for our CIS clients, here are a selection of case studies that further demonstrate our ability to provide expert solutions to complex cases:
- Finance for Russian entrepreneur for £5million London property
- Refinance of €7million property in Monaco for Russian client
How can Enness help?
Enness offers a global solution with an integrated approach – we work in the way our clients need and around their schedule.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Regulated residential mortgages
- Mortgages to purchase, refinance and release equity from real estate
- Unregulated, commercial, bridging and commercial finance
- Mortgages without AUM (Assets Under Management)
- Yachts, Planes, Art and other asset classes
We offer mortgages across the world, with a particular focus in:
- London and the United Kingdom
- South of France and Paris
- Marbella and the Balearic Islands
- New York and other high-value United States cities
How does it work?
Our approach is very simple:
- Call, email or drop in to see us at one of our international office locations
- Explain what you are looking to achieve, or the problem you have
- We will work through our 300-strong lender network to create some viable options for your circumstances
- We then work collaboratively to produce the correct solution for you or your client
Enness has a multilingual team, including Russian speakers, enabling us to liaise with clients all over the world. If you are a CIS national or resident and would like to discuss your property financing query with us – or simply want to hear more information on our services – please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Yana Kovalskaya, Head of CIS Desk
Yana was born in Ukraine, raised in Russia and relocated to London in 2017. Prior to moving to the UK, she lived in Moscow for 11 years. Yana completed Marketing and Law degrees and attained her MBA from RANEPA (Russia) in 2009.
Yana has held a number of leadership positions during the last 15 years in financial services and luxury lifestyle industries. In 2019 she joined Enness to further progress her career in the UK. In her capacity as the Head of CIS Desk, she expands and coordinates our activities related to the region.